Helping Family & Friends
Are you concerned that someone you care about has a gambling problem?
- Do they spend significant amounts of time and money gambling?
- Do they lie about or hide gambling behaviour?
- Have they withdrawn from friends, family, studies or work?
- Do they spend excessive time alone on a computer, phone, etc.?
- Do they have no apparent interests or hobbies?
- Do they show out-of-control anger or extreme moods?
- Do they have signs of depression?
- Are they in debt or legal trouble?
- Do you feel like you canʼt trust them with money?
Any of these are signs of a gambling problem. If someone you know is showing these warning signs, please encourage them to seek help from a gambling support organisation listed here, or to email us at email@example.com.
It can be hard to support someone in overcoming a gambling problem, it can take time, and itʼs important not to push them too hard and risk making it worse. For more information on how to talk to and help someone with a gambling problem, take a look at these helpful organisations.